We are proud and delighted to announce that Muntons Malted Ingredients have been selected to receive the Queens’ Award for Enterprise for 2004.
This accolade is for ‘outstanding achievement in International Trade’ and comes after three years in which export sales increased more than threefold.
In 2003, nearly 60% of our sales came from outside the UK – from more than 50 countries worldwide. This geographic spread is made possible by many factors, including:
- Our 44 agents and distributors who market our products
- A loyal customer base of food and beverage companies from the largest multi-nationals to the smallest specialists
- The skill and enthusiasm of the team of 114 staff at Stowmarket who make things happen
- The widest range of malted food ingredients of any supplier in the world
- Our suppliers of our raw materials and packaging materials, particularly our colleagues in Muntons Malt who supply top quality white malts to us
In receiving this award, we are privileged to be in a group of about 60 UK organisations to be so recognised in 2004. The award is the highest mark of commercial success, and provides a spur for continued growth and development in our markets in future years.
To mark the announcement of this year’s awards, a celebration was held in London for all Award winners on April 22nd – the day after the Queen’s personal birthday – for which we received a single invitation. By contrast, there will be a bigger, more inclusive celebration at Stowmarket later in the year, when the Lord Lieutenant of Suffolk, representing the Queen, will visit Cedars Maltings in order to confer the award and to meet the staff that worked so hard to make it possible.