Health & Safety Lead - Projects
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: Average of 37.5 h/w
Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk, United Kingdom
In this role you will assist the Group Health and Safety Manager in maintaining existing and implementing Company standards within projects on site. You will promote, develope and ensure that best practice is consistently applied during the projects.
- Provide leadership and expertise on HS matters to the project team.
- Participate in project pre-tender submissions and interviews as required.
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for project related work activities.
- undertake regular performance reviews/auditing of contractor HS performance, ensuring that issues arising are dealt with immediately so as to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist the project team with investigation, incident or work behaviours of contractor HS performance recommending controls needed including the issuing of the Muntons penalty points if required.
- Issuing and supervise tasks requiring Permit To Work controls.
- Lead, assist and participate in toolbox talks and HS training, particular with regards to legislative changes that may impact on the projects
- Maintain an effective end of contract Environmental, Health and Safety Files, that are retained for the prescribed time periods
- Assist the Group Health and Safety Manager complete investigations that may warrant reporting to any enforcing bodies
- Have a recognised Health and Safety Qualification - NEBOSH Construction certificate as minimum
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working in projects – in a construction-based environment.
- Ideally have experience of food manufacturing environment
- Possess knowledge of managing health and safety in a project environment, able to respect timelines and deadlines
- Have the ability for analytical judgement and informed decision making.
- Have the ability to competently communicator at all levels.
- Appreciation of the need for confidentiality and discretion
- Be computer literate with the ability to write reports, prepare written and financial documentation as required. This requires a good knowledge of working with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook.
- Be an excellent team player who can work with the project teams and contractors to help them understand issues and find suitable improved ways of working
- Be able to communicate and work with the wider EHS team, seeking guidance and advise as needed
- Be adaptable and flexible to meet the variable nature of this role.
- Maintain and demonstrate high levels of Safety behaviours that are always also consistent with the Muntons values.
Closing Date: Saturday, 10th October 2020apply for this vacancy
Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - 2/5 & 3/5 shift patterns
Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Salary: Please see details below.
As a result of increased demand for our products we are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join the production team based at our site in Stowmarket, Suffolk. As the No.1 Malted ingredients company in the world, you will be responsible for manufacturing and packing products for some of the world’s best known and most prestigious household names to the highest quality standards.
As a trusted member of our production team, you will play a vital role in our mission to deliver enjoyment to peoples lives by creating more of what they love; ensuring that all finished goods are filled, packed and labelled to the expected standards, and ensure all orders are correctly identified for storage and despatch.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working within a team and have a keen attention to detail. Previous experience of food manufacture, operating production equipment, and product assembly are beneficial, however full training will be provided to maximise your personal contribution to the team.
We pride ourselves on being an enjoyable company to work with and for and look forward to welcoming our new team members.
What you will be doing…
- Ensure that all products are produced, assembled and despatched in strict accordance with work instructions and specific customer requirements including the accurate completion of despatch paperwork
- Operate all production equipment, becoming competent in all areas of production
- Ensure that all final packed products are in specification
- Report and record all instances of damaged stock or packaging
- Ensure that all stock movement records, and other documentation are accurately completed
- Contribute to team effort to identify/initiate/support Continuous Improvement activity
- Assist with on-going productivity improvements
- Be flexible with working hours, overtime may be required to meet operational demands and shifts may change
- Operate packing processes at agreed production rates
- Report performance against agreed targets (e.g. recording of downtime)
- Adhere to available risk assessments and work instructions associated with the tasks being performed
- Adhere to all Health & Safety and Good Manufacturing Process standards (including the correct wearing of PPE), reporting any issues to your line manager
- Ensure working area is cleaned and maintained in accordance with established end of day routines and cleaning schedules
- Use incident reporting system to report all hazardous occurrences, incidents and near misses
- Ensure fire procedures are followed
- Take responsibility for your personal development by attending training courses/events which are intended to ensure a multi-skilled team
- Adhere to all Environmental and behavioural standards
- Ensure that you make appropriate use of the equipment in place to minimise environmental risks in event of spillages
- Attend training in relation to spill and ISO14000 issues
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions and to work both unsupervised and as part of a small team
- Team working, flexibility and adaptability
- Analysis/problem solving
- A “can do” approach to the varied demands of the role
- Ability to operate within food hygiene and safety standards
Hours of Work:
37.5hrs per week - 2 shift/5 day pattern, (06:00-14:00 & 14:00-22:00)
37.5 hrs per week - 3 shift/5 day pattern (06:00-14:00, 14:00-22:00 & 22:00-06:00)
Rate of Pay:
2 Shift/ 5 day – Starter rate during probation period - £17,112. Full rate of pay - £21,390
3 Shift/ 5 day - Starter rate during probation period - £18,518. Full rate of pay - £23,148
Closing Date: apply for this vacancy
The Company’s production processes operate in accordance with BRC Food Factory hygiene requirements. As such, all jewellery including rings, chains, watches, earrings or body piercings etc. are prohibited from being worn in any production, packing or despatch areas of the factory. Additionally protective equipment including hair nets and if appropriate beard snoods are required to be worn in these areas.
The Company also operates a complete ban on smoking in any building, site or vehicle owned or controlled by the Company and takes a zero tolerance approach to breaches of this policy. Equally the Company does not permit the use of electronic cigarettes or nicotine inhaler devices. Most shifts are of 8 or 12 hour duration with little or no opportunity to leave site during the working day. If you smoke and cannot abstain from smoking for this period of time, please carefully consider the appropriateness of any application you make for employment with us.
If you require any further information please email: email@example.com